Our teams are diverse with one common goal, one shared direction.
At the Allen Institute, we have a unique culture that blends the best of academia, scientific research and technology from around the world. Our teams are focused on understanding how the human brain works. Our mission is not only our compass, but it builds a common purpose to make a positive impact each day.
Why the Allen Institute for Brain Science? We drive progress. Our common goals come first. We believe that the result of working together as a team far exceeds the sum of our individual strengths. We are dedicated to providing our colleagues and the scientific community the results that can make an impact on discoveries.
Our teams are diverse; our talent is world class. If you want to be part of charting a new territory, consider joining us. Explore our career opportunities today.
Our scientific reach is global, and so is our workforce. We are a talented and diverse group of individuals with multiple perspectives – we accomplish great things because we work, learn and succeed together. At the Allen Institute you’ll find mathematicians, physicists, engineers, neuroscientists, geneticists and informatics experts working side-by-side towards a common goal.
Our collaborative, milestone-driven culture and shared purpose ensure our success in creating tangible results that benefit the global community.
Living in Seattle
Seattle is widely considered one of the most desirable cities in which to live and work. The area boasts a thriving arts community, national sports teams, rich restaurant culture and a world-renowned music scene.
Seattle is also a phenomenal place to get outdoors. We’re a hub for hiking, biking, boating, skiing and fishing. The temperatures are mild, and it rains much less than you might imagine.
For those looking to get out of town, both Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, B.C. are an easy drive away. And Sea-Tac International Airport makes travel to and from the Seattle area a breeze.
We offer benefits that allow our employees to enjoy their careers and live a healthy, balanced life.
Health and Wellness
- We offer 100% employer paid premiums for eligible employees with a choice of a health coverage plans (medical, dental and vision). We also offer a health club reimbursement.
- Paid vacation, personal days, sick time, paid holidays and a “paid holiday break” (the week between Christmas and New Year’s) make it easy to take time off.
401(k) Retirement Plan
- We offer one of the best employer 401(k) matching programs. We match $.50 on every dollar an employee contributes up to the annual IRS dollar limit.
- We offer a monthly transportation subsidy to offset the cost of your preferred commute option.
Learning and Development
- Eligible employees can take advantage of internal training opportunities, tuition reimbursement and professional association memberships.