Expanding Minds: Call for Abstracts
Abstract Submission Deadline for Selected Talks: January 15, 2020
Abstract Submission Deadline for Posters: February 17, 2020
The Expanding Minds organizing committee invites the submission of abstracts that report new scientific development in the fields of ancient DNA, human brain evolution and human brain biology. Expanding Minds meeting themes include:
- Brain evolution and development
- Brain-specific gene regulation and gene expression
- Social behavior, language, and cultural evolution
- Epigenetics, methylation across species
- Ancient DNA, human evolution and archaeology
- Enhancer-based regulation of gene expression
- Statistical and computational genomic analysis
- Development of new animal models for studying brain development and evolution
Expanding Minds will feature a variety of types of presentations: keynotes, invited talks, selected talks, panels, brainstorm sessions and posters. Selected talks and poster presentations are key elements of the conference. Each abstract submission will be evaluated for applicability with the topics listed above.
General Guidelines for Submission
- All abstracts for selected talk consideration must be submitted by January 15, 2020.
- All abstracts for poster consideration must be submitted by February 17, 2020.
- You may submit as many abstracts as you like.
- All material must be the work of the authors listed and appropriately referenced.
- At least one author of each paper or poster must register and attend the conference in order to be listed in the conference program as a presenter. Authors will have the opportunity to edit an originally-submitted abstract before it is published in conference proceedings.
- Deadline for abstract submission for selected talks: January 15, 2020
- Selected speakers notified by organizing committee: Week of January 27, 2020
- Deadline for abstract submission for posters: February 17, 2020
- Poster presenters notified by organizing committee: Week of February 24, 2020
- Registration deadline: March 18, 2020
- Conference: April 1-2, 2020