2015 Year in Review
December 17, 2015
The Allen Institute for Cell Science had an exciting first year of assembling our team, moving into a brand new building and beginning our experimental program. Here are some highlights from our inaugural year.
We made the news.
- January 6 – Business Insider – 13 Scientific Predictions for 2015
- January 9 – Knoepfler Lab Stem Cell Blog – Horwitz Interview Zooms in on Allen Cell Institute: the GoogleMaps of Cells
- January 29 – Nature Methods – Stem cells: disease models that show and tell
- March 2 – The Journal of Cell Biology – Rick Horwitz: Words do not suffice
- April 30 – The Washington Post – Scientists discover an important new driver of aging
- May 15 – Puget Sound Business Journal – Nucleus takes shape of new cell institute
We moved into our brand new headquarters.
This fall we moved our operations to the beautiful new Allen Institute headquarters in the South Lake Union neighborhood of Seattle. Watch our launch video, read the press release, watch video of our Open House program and view photos of our grand opening. You can even take a 360-degree tour of our new building (works best on a mobile device).
We conducted our first experiment.
View a photo slideshow of our first experiment in our new South Lake Union headquarters.
We engaged the field.
We put our team together.