Showcase Symposium 2015
December 2, 2015 - December 4, 2015
- Seattle, WA
Showcase is a two-day symposium focusing on innovative approaches to big science. Featuring presentations, team talks, lightning talks and poster sessions from Allen Institute for Brain Science scientists, as well as presentations from this year’s Next Generation Leaders.
Join us in the conversation and exploration as we share our perspectives on advancing understanding of the brain through innovative approaches to big science. All taking place in the new Allen Institute headquarters building located in the South Lake Union neighborhood of Seattle.
This year's event highlights include:
- Presentations by this year’s class of the Next Generation Leaders Advisory Council
- Eiman Azim, Ph.D., Postdoctoral Fellow, Neuroscience, Columbia University
- Jennifer Garrison, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Buck Institute for Research on Aging
- Michael Halassa, M.D., Ph.D., Assistant Professor, The Neuroscience Institute, New York University
- Evan Macosko, M.D., Ph.D., Postdoctoral Fellow, Genetics, Harvard Medical School
- Lucy Palmer, Ph.D., Senior Research Fellow, The Florey Institute for Neuroscience and Mental Health, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Michael Yartsev, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Bioengineering, Nanosciences and Nanoengineering, University of California, Berkeley
- Team science talks highlighting examples of the collaborative science being pioneered at the Allen Institute
- Dynamic poster sessions and lightning talks
Space is limited. Apply by Nov. 13, 2015. Visit the event website for application information.