Showcase Symposium 2016
Join us in the exploration of understanding the brain through innovative, team science approaches and our study of the human cell as an integrated system.
This year’s Showcase will feature presentations, team talks, posters and interactive sessions with scientists from both the Allen Institute for Brain Science and Allen Institute for Cell Science. You’ll also hear from our Next Generation Leaders, distinguished early-career scientists from institutions across the world.
This two-day symposium will take place in the Allen Institute headquarters building located in the South Lake Union neighborhood of Seattle.
Event highlights include:
- Team science talks highlighting examples of the collaborative science being pioneered at the Allen Institute
- Dynamic poster and panel sessions
- Presentations by this year’s class of the Next Generation Leaders Advisory Council
- Mark Harnett, Ph.D., McGovern Institute for Brain Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Alexander Huth, Ph.D., Department of Psychology, University of California, Berkeley
- Jens Kremkow, Ph.D., Institute for Theoretical Biology, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Simona Lodato, Ph.D., Department of Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology, Harvard University
- Richard Naud, Ph.D., Technische Universität Berlin
- Benjamin Scott, Ph.D., Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University
View a slideshow of photos from last year's Showcase event